Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

Father's Day is a day that comes once a year where we can talk about how great our Dads are.  Mine's the best.  So many lessons I've learned over the years and he has been such an example to me.
We had just moved to Texas when we found out that the ward had secured a bunch of spots for a trip to Philmont.  Upon hearing that, I turned to my Dad and said, "I'm not interested, Dad."  Obviously, my Dad got himself, Mark and me on the list and we all went.  It was a really tough trip and I think that may have been where I learned that I could do hard things.

It's been such a joy to be a Dad to my 2 boys Wade and Sam.  It has made me so happy to see them growing up, learning to be good little boys, playing with each other and rushing out to see me when I get home from work.